🚧 We've rebranded to Proof with the Notarize Network, but don't worry: The Notarize Network will continue to offer the same great service!
Add Contacts and Collaborators to your Closing Team to keep them updated!
Contacts are non-signing individuals added to transactions to notify them of progress and to assist borrowers. Your borrowers can reach out to their Real Estate associates before or during the notary meeting without leaving the meeting or navigating away from their documents.
Collaborators can receive transactions and participate in the process. Collaborators can be added to any eClosing. Collaborators include:
- Title Agents
- Escrow Officers
🎯Primary Audience: Mortgage Lenders
Nice to Know
If you don't want to share your Closing Team Contacts with your customers, simply leave the Visible to Signer box unchecked. Your team will receive transaction status notifications, and they will remain hidden from your borrower. Signers only see contacts checked off as Visible to Signer.
Proof Closing Operations
If contacts come over pre-populated, Proof does not edit, delete, or add contacts unless the Lender requests them to be updated.
When the Proof Closing Ops team adds collaborators and contacts manually, we add the contacts listed on page 5 of the Closing Disclosure.
Collaborators can be Title Agents, Escrow Agents, and Attorneys. Their participation appears in the transaction audit log. Collaborators can:
- Review & edit documents
- Add notaries
- Set the closing date
- Change the closing date
- Create their own account in the Title portal (Attorneys can do this on lender-initiated collab transactions)
Add a collaborator
Log in to your Proof account to complete the steps below.
- Click My closings from the navigation panel on the left:
- If you don't see the panel, click the caret to expand it.
- Click on your transaction to open it:
- Refer to View Your Team's Transactions to learn about searching and filtering transactions.
- After providing the property address, you'll see a section for adding your contacts. The name of this section depends on the type of transaction, but the functionality is the same:
- Click Title agent, Escrow officer, or Attorney to indicate your collaborator's role
- Input the collaborator's email address, name, phone number, and agency/business name
- Email is required; phone number is optional.
- Check the Visible to Signer box if you want this collaborator's information to be shared with your borrower.
- Continue on to add at least one contact before submitting. If you aren't ready to add a contact, click
Add a contact
At least one contact is required.
- Contacts are added after collaborators. If you previously saved a transaction after adding a collaborator, go to the Closing team section after Transaction Details and scroll past your collaborators to Point of contact.
- Select a contact from the dropdown:
- Loan Officer
- Real Estate Agent
- Loan Processor
- Mortgage Broker
- Input the contact's First name, Last name, Email address, and phone number:
- Email is required; a phone number is typically optional. (This may vary based on security requirements.)
- Check the Visible to Signer box if you want this contact's information to be shared with your borrower.
- Click or .
We're here to help! Please don’t hesitate to reach out to your Proof team with any questions about Proof Real Estate solutions.
To contact Support, click the Chat icon in the corner of your screen to start a chat with us, or send us an email at email@example.com!
CONFIDENTIAL. © 2022-2023 Notarize, Inc. (dba Proof.com)