Once you’ve completed the tech check, you'll be prompted to confirm your identity via Knowledge-based Authentication (KBA). After you’ve successfully answered the security questions, your ID is analyzed by the system to confirm authenticity. This process is called Credential Analysis.
🎯Primary Audience: Signers
- Select the type of ID you're using:
- Please ensure the photos of your identification are legible and not blurry.
- Each document may have specific ID requirements for notarization. If this is the case, please follow the document instructions. Here's a list of acceptable forms of ID for most documents.
- You'll be prompted to capture a secondary form of ID if required.
- Allow your web browser to access your camera (select Allow in Chrome or Share Selected Device in Firefox).
- When your images are clear enough for the notary to read the information on your ID, click Confirm and Continue.
- After your photos are confirmed, click Let's Get Started to connect with a notary.
Credential Analysis Failure
If the validation fails, an error message appears, providing an opportunity to learn more about acceptable forms of ID, return to the dashboard, or try again, depending on the situation. Below are common reasons for credential analysis failure:
- Your ID does not appear to be valid.
- The system is unable to validate your ID.
- The name or date of birth on your ID does not match the name or date of birth that you provided earlier.
Still have questions you can't find answers to? Click the chat icon in the corner of your screen to start a chat or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
© 2023-2024 Notarize, Inc. (dba Proof.com) All Rights Reserved.