Learn to create a HELOC eClosing from the Lender portal on the Proof platform. This article walks through the entire process for Lenders, from the first click to the confirmation email.
🎯Primary Audience: Mortgage Lenders
Table of Contents
|1. Start new closing||5. Loan number||9. Schedule signing||13. Instructions|
|2. Type of closing||6. Closing team||10. Promissory Note||14. Send Transaction|
|3. Property address||7. Signer details||11. Prep documents||15. Contact Support|
We also have a demo of the HELOC process from the perspective of Title Agents, Lenders, and borrowers (signers).
Start a new closing
Log in to your Proof account to complete the steps below.
Click > Select Real Estate Closing.
Type of closing
Provide the property address
Provide the property address and click .
- Street Address
- Unit/Apt (optional)
- Zip Code
- County/Recording location (fills in automatically)
Provide a file and/or loan number to make it easier to find the transaction later. (Optional)
Add contacts from your closing team who are supporting the transaction. This optional step allows you to share documents to be viewed or downloaded. You can also choose whether or not to share each contact's info with your borrower.
- Provide signer details:
- Vesting type (Borrower or Non-borrower)
- Email address
- Phone number (optional)
- Indicate if the signers are signing in a representative capacity
Click here to expand if the signers are signing the documents on behalf of someone else:
- Check the box next to This is a representative signer
- Type the name of the person or entity the signer is signing on behalf of
- Select the signer's capacity from the Type of capacity dropdown
Attorney-in-fact Corporate Officer Guardian or Conservator Partner (General) Partner (Limited) Trustee Other
- If any of the documents require more than one signer, select Yes under Does this transaction require additional signers?
- This does not include witnesses. Witness requirements can be added later.
- Indicate if the signers need a secondary ID by selecting Yes under Will the signer(s) need a secondary ID?
If you have the credible identifying witness feature turned on, the modal to provide the witness's information appears directly below the signer's information. Learn more about using a credible witness for eClosings.
Select a date range/window or schedule the closing.
View a screenshot of a date window
View a screenshot of a scheduled closing
Indicate what type of Notary will be used:
- Internal notary: Also known as In-House Notary (IHN)
- Notarize: Also known as Notarize Network
If you're using an internal notary, you can select a specific person to be assigned or choose Unassigned from the dropdown to allow any notary from your team to handle this closing.
Review Assign a Notary to a Real Estate Closing for more information.
Indicate how the promissory note will be signed:
Screenshot: Promissory Note via eSign
- Wet Sign
Screenshot: Promissory Note via Wet Sign
- An eSign Consent and Disclosure form automatically appears on every transaction:
- The eSign Consent and Disclosure form is attached at the bottom of this procedure.
- You must add at least one additional document to proceed.
The documents automatically open for you to tag and prepare:
- Review Tagging Documents for more information on self-tagging and using white-text tags.
- Note: You can add a witness requirement by clicking the "eye" icon in the top right menu above your documents.
Before sending the transaction, you have the option to add any special instructions or notes:
- Add a personal note to your signers
- Add instructions for the Notary or the Proof Closing Operations Team (if applicable)
Send the transaction
We're here to help! Please don’t hesitate to reach out to your Proof team with any questions about Proof Real Estate solutions.
To contact Support, click the Chat icon in the corner of your screen to start a chat with us, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
CONFIDENTIAL. © 2022-2023 Notarize, Inc. (dba Proof.com)