Do you have paper copies of documents to be signed or notarized? Follow this procedure to easily scan documents using a web browser on your mobile device!
If you need help with your camera and microphone, check Enable Camera and Microphone Access for Mobile Devices.
🎯Primary Audience: Signers
From the Proof upload screen on your mobile device:
- Allow access to your camera.
Line up the blue scanner border with the outside of your document page.
- Press the white circle at the bottom of the page to initiate the scan.
- If your document is scanned sideways, you can tap Rotate or Rescan to fix it.
Add pages until you're ready to upload:
- If you have more than one page, select .
- Press when all pages have been scanned.
Preview your scanned documents.
Press to rescan or to move to the next step!
- Place the document on a dark/contrasting background. For example, placing a white document on a white background will result in an error while attempting to scan.
- Step back and ensure you're lining up the edges of the document with the blue border. Hold the device steady at a straight angle.
- If your document has many content blocks/borders, try taking a step back so the scanner can focus on the entire document as opposed to smaller pieces of the document within it.
You may see error messages as you attempt to scan, prompting you to rescan your document.
Error 1: Please hold the device over a document to start scanning
The scanner is not able to capture the document. Try stepping back and capturing the entire document.
Error 2: This is a bad camera angle. Hold the device straight over the document.
Error 3: The document is too small. Try moving closer.
Error 4: It is too dark. Try turning on a light.
Still have questions you can't find answers to? Click the chat icon in the corner of your screen to start a chat or email us at email@example.com!
© 2022-2023 Notarize, Inc. All Rights Reserved. (dba Proof.com)