How to add Conditional Fields to signer fields when setting up a document for a signer to complete during a transaction. You can think of these in terms of if/then conditions or logic: If the signer checks this box, then they also need to fill out this text field.
🎯Primary Audience: Title Agents & Lenders
A Conditional Field is a tag on a document that only appears when a related requirement is fulfilled.
If you'd like to require a field based on the signer's selection of another field, you can do so with Conditional Fields. You can think of these in terms of if/then conditions or logic:
- If the signer checks this box
- Then, they must fill out this text field
In the example below, if the signer checks the box for Limited Liability Company (circled in red on the left), they must write the tax classification in the secondary field (circled in red on the right).
Conditional fields can be applied to any signer field as long as they are optional:
- Checkboxes and radio buttons are optional by default.
- Any field type other than a checkbox or radio button must be set as optional before adding a conditional field rule.
Conditional Fields cannot be used with:
- Conditional Fields cannot be used with White Text Tagging.
- Notary fields cannot be conditional.
Batch Signing cannot be completed using Conditional Fields - if rules are applied to fields in a document, the signer can:
- Batch-sign all other fields
- Manually select fields with rules
- Fulfill any secondary requirements
Add a Conditional Fields
To add a Conditional Field to a field, follow the instructions below during the document prep stage.
- Select the signer field for which you'd like to add the rule.
If the field is not a checkbox or radio button group, expand this section for instructions to set the field as optional.
Set the field as optional by doing one of the following:
- Click the bubble that appears above the field.
- Toggle the Field is required switch on the right to the OFF position.
- Add Conditional Fields by doing one of the following:
- Click in the bubble that appears above the field
- Click Add conditional fields in the menu on the right.
- Add the secondary field using the toolbar or keyboard shortcuts:
- Repeat step 3 if desired for this particular primary field.
- Repeat steps 1 through 3 to add rules for other primary fields.
- Click in the menu on the right when all fields are added.
Remove a Conditional Field
Conditional Fields can be removed from a document by removing the secondary field, just like any other field. To remove secondary fields and the related Conditional Fields:
- Select the secondary field you'd like to delete.
- Click in the bubble that appears above the field.
We're here to help! Please don’t hesitate to reach out to your Proof team with any questions about Proof Real Estate solutions.
To contact Support, click the Chat icon in the corner of your screen to start a chat with us, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
© 2023-2024 Notarize, Inc. (dba Proof.com) All Rights Reserved.