This article provides instructions in eOriginal for working with Notarize with Proof, specifically what is needed from the Notarize with Proof side to present eNotes from eOriginal for signing and making API calls back to eOriginal for registering. Work directly with your eOriginal representative if you need assistance setting up and maintaining your eVaults.
eOriginal Set Up
eOriginal provides two environments, Test On Demand (TOD) and Production. Test On Demand is a testing environment to allow you to test eNotes before going live.
- Test On Demand will connect to your Notarize with Proof Fairfax account for testing purposes.
- After thoroughly testing eNotes with Notarize with Proof, we will connect your Production eOriginal account to your Notarize with Proof Production Account.
Please set up both environments the exact same to ensure testing mimics how this will work in your Production environment. See How to Connect eOriginal to Notarize with Proof for next steps after setting up your vaults.
Notarize with Proof uses the following status values in particular. These must be set in your Test on Demand and Production eOriginal environments. If we are missing a status value, we will display an error in our logs (please contact your Proof Solutions Engineer). Testing eNotes allows you to confirm that you have the appropriate settings for generating eNotes and registering them after signing.
Admins in eOriginal should have access to 'Preferences' from the eOriginal Dashboard. Open Preferences and navigate to Status Values:
Please confirm the following six Status values are set:
- Created should have a scope of Transaction
- Ready to Sign should have a scope of Document
- Signed should have a scope of Global
- Complete should have a scope of Global
- Authoritative Copy should have a scope of Document
- Ready to Register should have a scope of Global
See example screenshot of adding Status values in eOriginal:
API User Setup
Notarize with Proof adds documents to your eOriginal vault using the API. eOriginal Admins can edit/create API users under Preferences > Vault Administration > API Users.
Notarize with Proof should have its own API user to control the following settings:
- API Login ID - create your own name, typically something like "notarize-integration".
- Application - create your own name, this will appear in the audit trail as the First Name, either this or the next field should contain "Notarize".
- Purpose - create your own name, this will appear in the audit trail as the Last Name.
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Permissions - at least
- “Create Document Profile”
- “Create Transaction”
- “Full Org Search”
- “Get Org Configuration”
- “Throw Custom Event”
Container Permissions - at least
- “Authorize Document Destruction”
- “Cancel Document Destruction”
- “Create New Version”
- “Delete Document Profile”
- “Delete Transaction”
- “Edit Transaction/Document Properties”
- “MERS Register eNote”
- “MERS Register eNote Reversal”
- “Reject Document Destruction”
- “Request Document Destruction”
- “Retrieve Document”
- “View Document Activity History Report”
- “View Transaction/Document Properties”
Create a “Notarize with Proof Closing” Transaction Type:
- Name - “Notarize Closing”
- Retention Policy - “None”
- Container Permissions - “Default Container Permissions”
- Status - “Created”
- Signing Rules Expiration Days - “0”
- Active - please check this box
- eSign option - “eSign and eAsset Management”
- For Third-Party Closing (Mortgage) - “No”
- Included Documents - do not put anything here.
Now that you have set up your Test on Demand and Production eOriginal accounts, you are ready to connect to Notarize with Proof! Connecting your Test on Demand to your Notarize with Proof Fairfax will allow you to test the eNote process. When ready to go live, we will connect your Production eOriginal account to Notarize Production. See How to Connect eOriginal to Notarize with Proof for next steps!
© 2022-2023 Notarize, Inc. (dba Proof.com) All Rights Reserved.