Steps for notaries to change the business email associated with their Proof account to a private email to retain access to their Notary Journal after leaving the company they've been notarizing for.
🎯Primary Audience: In-House Notaries (IHN)
Need to Know
You may need to do this if:
You leave an organization and must retain the notary journal under that business organization’s email, as state law requires.
You wish to be an independent contractor for Proof in the future.
After you complete your last transaction:
- Log in with the business email associated with the account.
- Click your initials on the upper right side of the Proof-branded bar.
- Click the waffle menu on the upper left side of the Proof-branded bar.
- Click Notary profile.
- Change the email address.
- Log in to the email that was added to verify the email address.
You will now have access to your notary journal.
Still have questions you can't find answers to? Click the chat icon in the corner of your screen to start a chat, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
CONFIDENTIAL. © 2022-2023 Notarize, Inc. (dba Proof.com)