Learn to download the audit trail from your Proof account
The audit trail generally tracks the following events for all users who interact with the documents:
- Signer names
- Signer email addresses (for transactions completed after July 2023)
- Document created
- KBA passed
- ID verified
- Signature acceptance
- Initials acceptance
- Signature application
- Initials application
- Seal application
- Digital certificate applied
If you're looking for a more detailed document log, read about the Document-Level Audit Trail below.
Access the Transaction-Level Audit Trail
- Log in to your Proof account.
- Click View next to the desired transaction from the list of documents in your account.
- Click the Document tab from the top menu of the Document Details window that appears.
- Click AuditTrail.pdf under SUPPLEMENTARY MERGED DOCUMENTS to preview the PDF of the audit trail.
- Click from the lower right corner to save a copy of the audit trail.
Document-Level Audit Trail
Document-level audit trails are attached to individual documents and tamper-sealed with the final notarization for every document signed on the platform.
The audit trail can be viewed by opening the document in Adobe Acrobat and expanding the attachments section. Read View the Audit Trail for a Notarized Document to view or download the document-level audit trail from the PDF file.
© 2022-2023 Notarize, Inc. All Rights Reserved. (dba Proof.com)