🚧 We've rebranded to Proof with the Notarize Network, but don't worry: The Notarize Network will continue to offer the same great service!
A summary of the process for signers on the Proof platform, from start to finish!
🎯Primary Audience: Signers
To notarize a document using the Proof platform, signers must be at least 18 years old and the document(s) must be intended for use in the United States.
Signers must have the following for their meeting with a notary:
- U.S. social security number
- Government-issued photo identification (see this list of acceptable IDs)
- Current or previous U.S. address
- A device that meets minimum system requirements, including audio and video capabilities
- A strong internet connection
Let's get started!
- Using a device that meets the Minimum System Requirements to Complete Transactions on Proof, choose one of the following methods:
- Sign up for a Proof account using the app or website.
- Upload your document(s) on your computer, via Mobile App, or Scan a Document via Mobile Web.
- Annotate or complete your document(s).
- Provide your personal information (name, date of birth, last 4 digits of U.S. social security number, current or previous U.S. address).
- Verify your identity.
- Correctly answer 5 security questions within 2 minutes.
- Take pictures of the front and back of your photo ID, including your secondary ID if required for your document.
- Agree to the Proof fee and connect via video call with a notary.
- Follow the notary's instructions during the notarization session.
- The notary ends the call.
- Pay for the notarization.
After the call, you'll see a page where you can email, print, or download your documents immediately. You will also receive an email with a link to your document(s), or you can log in to your account to access your document(s).
The recipient of the document may verify the transaction here.
If you're wondering how safe online notarization with Proof is, read about the safety and security features of Proof.
© 2022-2023 Notarize, Inc. (dba Proof.com) All Rights Reserved.