Streamline how you send documents by using templates to prepare tags on standardized forms and documents your team sends repeatedly.
Use templates when you send forms you use frequently to save time. Instead of preparing the same document in the same way for multiple transactions, you can prepare the document once and save it as a template for use in many transactions. Templates are also used in EasyLinks.
A template is prepared once and can be used in many transactions. It can help:
- Save time.
- Enhance accuracy.
- Reduce redundant processes.
🎯Primary Audience: Proof for Business
All user roles in your organization (owner, admin, team member) have access to create and manage templates.
Create templates of each document separately rather than compiling multiple documents into one file. This will help the system's template matching more successfully find and match templates to your documents when you or your signers create transactions.
Templates can be created with fields for up to 10 signers.
Steps to Create a Template
- Log in to your Proof account.
- Click Send & manage from the navigation panel on the left:
- If you don't see the panel, click the caret to expand it.
- Select Document templates under TOOLS (a sub-menu of Send & manage).
- Click on the right.
- Select the document to prepare as a template from your files.
- Fill in the required fields.
- Click Prepare document.
- Drag and drop the desired signer and notary fields to indicate what information needs to be provided. Learn more about tagging your documents.
- Click on the right to save your changes.
The External ID field (found under Advanced Options under the Transaction Name field) is useful if your organization has an internal numbering system or manner of tracking that would be helpful for you to include on each transaction. The External ID will be visible when you export any or all of your transactions with the external ID.
Reorder Documents: If you have multiple documents in one template, you can drag and drop to reorder the documents. Click and hover over the bento menu (6 dots) of the document you want to move up. Drag that document upwards to the position you want, then drop it (let go of your click). Repeat until all documents are in the correct position.
Feel free to reach out to our Support team if you need help!
Chat: Click the icon in the corner of your screen:
- Monday – Friday: 8 am – 10 pm ET
- Saturday – Sunday: 8 am – 7 pm ET
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: Available depending on your subscription
Notaries are available 24/7/365!
CONFIDENTIAL. © 2022-2023 Notarize, Inc. (dba Proof.com)