You can choose when your clients can sign by selecting the signing schedule:
- A Date Window is a range of dates that gives the client flexibility to sign at any point during that range.
- A Scheduled Closing is a specific date and time.
🎯Primary Audience: Title Agents & Lenders
Choose Date Window to allow signers to complete a transaction during a specified date range. Signers will have the entire window to complete their closing on Proof.
Choose Scheduled Closing if there is only one day that your clients can join a meeting with a notary to close on their property. They won't be able to join a meeting before the date you select. If they miss the meeting, they will no longer have access to this transaction.
You can also specify the time that the closing should occur. The scheduled time appears in the email the signer receives to access their transaction to know when they should be joining. However, time is not a blocker; your customer can request their call with a notary before or after the designated time.
Once the order has been placed, you can view a transaction summary, including the transaction activation and expiration dates you selected:
- Your clients can review their documents before the activation date, but they will not be able to sign in front of a notary until the transaction is activated.
- Your clients will not be able to sign the documents once the transaction has expired.
- Adjust the transaction activation and expiration dates by recalling the transaction. This will put the transaction back into a draft state, and it will be resent to your clients once it is updated.
Still have questions you can't find answers to? Click the chat icon in the corner of your screen to start a chat or email us at email@example.com!
CONFIDENTIAL. © 2022-2023 Notarize, Inc. (dba Proof.com)