Hybrid closings consist of documents that can be eSigned in advance of any in-person closing, as well as documents that need to be printed and wet-signed during an in-person closing. Hybrid closings are initiated by Lenders and completed by Title Agents.
Lenders, review Create an eClosing or Hybrid Closing for step-by-step instructions on creating a Hybrid closing.
🎯Primary Audience: Title Agents & Lenders
How Hybrid Closings Work
With Proof, the Borrower only signs a limited package in the presence of the Title Agent or Notary. This process saves time, reduces errors and processing time after the closing, and allows everyone much more flexibility when scheduling appointments!
- The Lender (or Proof, on behalf of the Lender) sends a transaction link to the Borrower and the Title Agent at least one day before the closing.
- Borrowers can preview the closing package as soon as it's received but cannot sign until the closing day.
- On closing day, the documents become available, and the Borrower is reminded to electronically sign all eligible documents before the in-person meeting with the Title Agent or Notary.
- The Title Agent is responsible for printing all wet sign documents for the in-person meeting with the Borrower. The Title Agent is responsible for getting wet sign documents to the Notary if they use a mobile Notary.
- When the in-person meeting with the Title Agent or Notary occurs, the Title Agent confirms that the eSign documents have been completed. If they have, the wet sign documents are executed and witnessed. If the eSigned documents are not complete, the entire package is wet-signed.
- The Title Agent emails the completed wet-signed document scans to the Lender and mails the physical copies as usual. Review Title Wet Sign Upload for Hybrid Transactions to upload completed wet-sign documents to the Proof platform (in addition to mailing them to the Lender).
We're here to help! Please don’t hesitate to reach out to your Proof team with any questions about Proof Real Estate solutions.
To contact Support, click the Chat icon in the corner of your screen to start a chat with us, or send us an email at email@example.com!