Steps to edit a real estate transaction after it's been sent
Recalling an order pulls the transaction back into a Draft so you can make edits, including:
- Loan number/file number
- Signer's email address
- Activation/expiration dates
- Add or remove documents
🎯Primary Audience: Title Agents & Lenders
You can recall a transaction from the following statuses:
- Order Placed
- Sent to signer
You cannot recall transactions once the transaction has been Completed or Attempted by the signer. This is because it would alter the audit trail of the attempted or completed transaction.
Log in to your Proof account to complete the steps below.
- Click My closings from the navigation panel on the left.
- If you don't see the panel, click the caret to expand it.
- Search by signer name, loan #, or transaction ID
- Click on the transaction to open the Transaction Details screen
- If the transaction cannot be recalled, the button won't appear
- Add a note to summarize why the transaction is being recalled in the box that appears
- Click Recall
After the Recall
After recalling the transaction, your signer(s) will receive an email notifying them that Proof is updating their documents.
When you've completed any necessary adjustments to the transaction, click Send Transaction or Place Orderto resend the transaction.
Title Agents Using Proof Closing Operations
Still have questions you can't find answers to? Click the chat icon in the corner of your screen to start a chat or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
CONFIDENTIAL. © 2022-2023 Notarize, Inc. (dba Proof.com)