🚧 We've rebranded to Proof with the Notarize Network, but don't worry: The Notarize Network will continue to offer the same great service!
You'll need specific software to use Proof and a couple of items to verify your identity. Check the lists below for what you'll need to complete a notarization on Proof.
To verify your identity, you will need the following:
- Signers must be at least 18 years old
- The document being notarized must be intended for use in the U.S.
- U.S. social security number
- U.S. address
- Government-issued photo ID from this list
- Typically you need at least 6 months of credit history for the system to generate identification questions.
To ensure the Proof platform operates as expected, you'll need:
- A device with audio and video capabilities, such as:
- A computer with a webcam, microphone, and speakers
- A mobile device with one of the options listed below
- One of the following:
- Mozilla Firefox*
- Google Chrome*
- Microsoft Edge*
- Notarize app for Apple or Android installed on your mobile device
- A strong internet connection
Read the Minimum System Requirements for full details on specific devices and internet requirements to complete a transaction on the Proof platform.
*Your browser needs permission from your phone's system settings to access the camera and microphone for a notary meeting; check Enable Camera and Microphone Access for Mobile Devices if you need instructions.
Still have questions you can't find answers to? Click the chat icon in the corner of your screen to start a chat or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
© 2023-2024 Notarize, Inc. (dba Proof.com) All Rights Reserved.