Remote Online Notarization (RON) is safer, more secure, and has a more thorough record than traditional notarization.
A traditional notarization requires individuals to:
- Appear physically before a commissioned Notary Public.
- Demonstrate proof of identity.
- Sign (or acknowledge their signature on) a document.
- Be placed under oath only if the document requires a sworn statement.
Online notarizations are very much the same, with the following additional benefits for the digital environment:
- Your requirement to appear in person before the notary is accomplished via a live audio-video call between you and a commissioned notary.
- You and the notary complete your respective portions of the document electronically.
- In lieu of a physical stamp, the notary’s electronic seal and digital certificate are attached by the notary to your document. When complete, you may print your notarized document or share it via electronic means, and you may access a video recording of the transaction.
Notarization enabled by Proof offers other significant advantages that validate and secure your document. The notarial session is recorded to protect against identity theft and to create a secure record of the entire process.
In accordance with governing statutes and rules, Proof attaches an x.509 PKI (public key infrastructure) security certificate to each notarized document. This certificate makes the document "tamper-evident" so that the document indicates if any subsequent change has been made to it. The digital certificate is unique to each notary and is part of the tools used to confirm the validity of the document and the authority of the Notary Public.
We're here to help! Please don’t hesitate to reach out to your Proof team with any questions about Proof Real Estate solutions.
To contact Support, click the Chat icon in the corner of your screen to start a chat with us, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
© 2022-2023 Notarize, Inc. (dba Proof.com) All Rights Reserved.