Proof supports Transaction Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) via Short Message Service (SMS, aka Text Message) authentication. Setting up MFA in your account adds another security layer that re-confirms your signer's identity.
Changes to activate Transaction MFA take effect for signers on all future active transactions.
The benefits of Transaction MFA are:
- More robust security for online transactions
- Reduced fraud
- Enhanced protection for your customers
🎯Primary Audience: Proof for Business
|Update Your Settings||Set up SMS MFA||Signer Experience||FAQ|
Update Your Settings
- Log in to your Proof account.
- Click ⚙️ Settings from the navigation panel on the left:
- If you don't see the panel, click the caret to expand it.
- Select Transaction Settings from the Settings menu.
- Remain on the Signer settings tab (default).
- Select the radio button for SMS authentication.
- Click .
Set Up MFA via SMS in the Transaction
When you send transactions, you'll be able to change your Multi-Factor Authentication setting for each individual transaction.
- Type the signer's mobile phone number:
- All transactions require the signer's phone number to send the SMS code.
- Uncheck Require SMS Authentication to bypass this authentication for this specific transaction.
Your signers can conveniently complete their transactions from a computer or a mobile device. Depending on what you select, they will follow either of the following steps:
- Select the transaction link sent to your email.
- Create a password and log in to your account.
- Click to start the transaction.
- Click to send yourself an SMS code to the number provided on the transaction:
- You will be prompted before signing the documents and viewing the details of a completed transaction.
- Type the 6-digit verification code that is sent via SMS text to the mobile phone number.
What if a signer is not receiving an SMS code even though their number is correct and is blocked from accessing a transaction?
What if the signer’s phone number is incorrect?
As an account Admin, you can edit a signer's phone number from the Transaction Details screen.
Once the phone number is updated, the next time the signer attempts SMS authentication, Proof will use the new number. You can always contact Proof Support for additional help.
Still have questions you can't find answers to? Click the chat icon in the corner of your screen to start a chat, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
CONFIDENTIAL. © 2022-2023 Notarize, Inc. (dba Proof.com)