If you don't use the Proof Closing Ops service, you can tag your documents ahead of the meeting.
🎯Primary Audience: Title Agents & Lenders
- Select Fill Out Document on the Transaction Creation page in the Document Upload section.
- Signer & Notary Tags are located on the right side of the page.
- The Shortcuts button produces a list of shortcut keys you can use to place tags on the document instead of using your mouse.
- If you upload multiple documents, use the arrows at the top of your screen to prep each one.
To place tags on a document:
- Select the desired tag on the right sidebar:
- The mouse cursor changes to the selected tag
- Select the appropriate place on the document to drop the tag
To update tags on a document:
- Resize: If you need to make a tag bigger or smaller to fit on the document, select the tag and use the black corner arrow to resize the tag
- Move: Select and drag the tag
- Delete: Select the tag and press the “X” in the corner to delete
Toggles & Tags
- You can set markers on documents to ensure your Signers and the Notary meet the documents' requirements.
- The toggles for each document are in the top right corner of the document preparation view.
- Set the requirements for each document as you prepare them.
See below for each toggle’s function and when it is appropriate to use:
Ensures the document is signed in front of the Notary and alerts the Notary that a seal is required to complete the document.
Requires In-Meeting Signing
Signers must sign the document during the meeting with the notary.
Allow Pre-Meeting Editing
Note: If you select the green Requires In-Meeting Signing toggle in addition to this toggle, it allows information to be added and also locks the Signer from signing in front of the Notary if a signature is needed.
Notifies the Notary that witnesses are required for the transaction.
You can easily assign the appropriate access toggles on the Transaction Creation page by selecting the appropriate option for each document. When a toggle is enabled, it will turn color, and when turned off, it will show as grayed out.
Adding Notary Tags does not apply any notarial information before the meeting with the Signer. It simply enables notaries to efficiently complete their notarial duties during the meeting.
- Seal Here: A Notary Seal tag that places where the seal needs to go
- Sign Here: A signature tag for the Notary Signature
- State: A tag for the notarial commissioned state
- County: A tag for the county the Notary has designated as their location
- Name: A tag for the Notary's printed name
- Commission Expiry: A tag for the commission expiration date
- ID Number: A tag for the Notary commission/ID number
- Date Signed: A tag to place the date the Notary signed/completed the notarization
- Fill In Here: A tag for an empty text box to type in information needed
- Select: A flag for an empty checkbox to mark information as appropriate in the meeting
Bulk: Drops in several tags for the Notarial Certificate at once:
- Seal, County, State, Signature, and Commission Expiration Date
- Disclosure:A tag for the annotation with your state-specific language for the audio/video disclosure. This disclosure is required on every document requiring notarization.
Signer Tags are placed by you for the Signer. If you create a transaction for more than one Signer, choose which Signer you place tags for on the right-hand side of the Document Tagging screen.
- Sign Here: A signature tag to indicate where you would like the Signer to sign the document
- Initial Here: An initials tag to place on the document for where you would like the Signer to initial
- Date Signed: A tag for the Signer to generate the date they signed the document
- Signer Name: A tag for the Signer to add their printed name
- Select: An empty checkbox for the Signer to select the answer to a multiple-choice question
- Fill in Here: An empty text box that prompts the Signer to add information
- Signature & Date: A tag that drops both the signature & date on the document for the Signer
Signer fields are required by default, but you can mark a signer field as optional by selecting the tag and doing one of the following:
- Toggle the Field is required switch to the OFF position in the right toolbar.
- Click the Set as optional button that appears when the field is selected.
We're here to help! Please don’t hesitate to reach out to your Proof team with any questions about Proof Real Estate solutions.
To contact Support, click the Chat icon in the corner of your screen to start a chat with us, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
CONFIDENTIAL. © 2022-2023 Notarize, Inc. (dba Proof.com)