If a signer is personally known to your Notary, they can use the "Personally Known to Notary" (PKN) feature to skip Knowledge-Based Authentication (KBA) and Credential Analysis during the identity verification process. This feature greatly reduces the pre-meeting time for your signers. PKN is ideal for internal transactions where both the signer and the notary are employees.
Notaries: Read Personally Known to Notary (PKN) Feature for Notaries to learn more.
🎯Primary Audience: Proof for Business
This feature must be enabled by Proof. Please contact Customer Support at email@example.com to request this feature for your account. If you were assigned a Customer Success Manager (CSM), work with your CSM.
Create a PKN Transaction
Once enabled, this option will appear whenever a single signer transaction is created.
If the notary indicates they do not know the signer by selecting No, End Meeting the transaction is canceled.
Limitations & Considerations
- PKN cannot be used for multiple signers at this time. Single signer transactions only.
- You cannot switch a transaction to PKN after it is created.
- PKN is only available if you use your In-House Notaries (IHN). It is not available for use with the Notarize Network:
- If you select PKN, Overflow to the ODN network is no longer possible.
- This transaction can be manually reassigned but will not automatically overflow to the ODN network. Reassignment to the Network will require the signer to complete KBA and credential analysis.
Feel free to reach out to our Support team if you need help!
Chat: Click the icon in the corner of your screen:
- Monday – Friday: 8 am – 10 pm ET
- Saturday – Sunday: 8 am – 7 pm ET
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: Available depending on your subscription
Notaries are available 24/7/365!
© 2023-2024 Notarize, Inc. (dba Proof.com) All Rights Reserved.