Steps to create a profile in your Proof account for an employee who will serve as an In-house Notary (IHN) on your Proof for Business account.
🎯Primary Audience: Proof for Business
Obtain Online Notarization Authorization
Notaries need to obtain authorization to perform online notarizations in their state. The turnaround time varies, so we recommend prioritizing this step:
- See Notarize.com/notary. Scroll down to the "In Your State, Or Working On It." section, then select your state.
Your notary should set up their profile as soon as possible, regardless of their online notarization authorization status.
Once a notary has been invited to the company’s Proof account by an administrator, they'll receive an email prompting them to create an account and complete their notary profile. An Onboarding Wizard guides notaries through the entire profile setup directly on our platform.
Notaries must upload the following documents to complete their profiles. The Notary Onboarding Team will review the documents:
- A copy of their paper commission
- A copy of their E&O policy:
- Must be insured for at least $25,000 to use the Proof platform
- Review Errors & Omissions Insurance (E&O)
- A digital certificate from Identrust:
The notary’s profile is automatically submitted to the Notary Onboarding Team for review after they upload their documents. The turnaround time for review is 1-2 business days. During this time, notaries cannot access the platform.
Once approved, the notary receives an email notification from our Notary Onboarding Team informing them that they have completed their notary profile and are ready to do online notarization!
Feel free to reach out to our Support team if you need help!
Chat: Click the icon in the corner of your screen:
- Monday – Friday: 8 am – 10 pm ET
- Saturday – Sunday: 8 am – 7 pm ET
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: Available depending on your subscription
Notaries are available 24/7/365!
For help with the onboarding process or questions, email email@example.com.
Finance & Billing
CONFIDENTIAL. © 2022-2023 Notarize, Inc. (dba Proof.com)