Tips that were designed to make your workflow as efficient as possible.
|Sending Transactions||Efficiency||Guiding Your Signers||Utilizing Special Features|
🎯Primary Audience: Proof for Business
Sending Your First Transactions
Before sending out a transaction, check with the intended recipients of your completed documents (local DMVs, SEC, state government departments, etc.) to see if they have any unique requirements or preferences for remote online notarizations (RON). Some states and organizations have their own preferences and/or requirements for online submissions. It is always best to check with the receiving party of the document before you begin sending transactions to be sure you have all the information you need.
Don't delay! Send your first transaction within a week of your training session. Organizations that send their first transaction within a week of their training session see a significant lift in their completion rate and usage. Remember, we are here to help if you need us!
Use a template
Are you sending the same document repeatedly to your signers? If so, utilizing a pre-tagged template can save your team time when creating transactions and reduce the rate of tagging errors when preparing a document. See Create a Template and Template Matching.
Prepare & tag your documents
See Tag Documents
Utilize Notary Notes
Notary Notes are a great way to give your notary a heads-up on anything unique or tricky about your document. It may be the notary's first time seeing this document. Using this feature ensures a smooth and successful session with your signer. See Add a Notary Note and Notary Notes for All Transactions.
Guiding Your Signers
Set clear expectations
- What types of IDs should they have for the notary meeting?
- Is there additional information they need to collect before completing their document?
- Will the signer be paying for their transaction? If so, make the cost clear and tell them to have a credit card available for payment.
- A signer checklist is included in the transaction email, but feel free to reiterate anything within this list that is particularly important to your signers. Included in the email:
- US Social Security Number
- Government-issued photo ID
- A device with audio & video capabilities
- An up-to-date supported browser (Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Safari)
- Set timing expectations with signers for when you would like the document completed.
- Share any unique aspects about the document they are asked to sign.
Customize your communications
- Utilize the Custom Email when building out your transaction. This is an opportunity to help your signer feel comfortable with the online notarization process in your own voice.
- We automatically include a basic signer checklist in the email. Utilize this email to call out anything specific to your document or organization. You can also let the signer know who to contact on your team with questions.
- Upload your organization's logo to your account for your emails to be automatically co-branded. See Configure Your Business Account Settings.
Add the signer's mobile number
Proof can send the transaction request to their phone by including the signer's mobile number. We see increased completions and a faster response rate when an SMS text is utilized in addition to email. Send a Transaction via SMS Text Message
Resend your transaction
Within Transaction Details, you can resend any incomplete transactions to your signers. Typically we advise resending if there has been no movement from your signer for at least 2 days. A quick reminder may be all you need to get your signer to take the next step!
Customize Special Features
The functionalities below are available to customize your Proof user experience and tailor your dashboard to fit your business needs.
Please reach out to your Customer Success Manager or Customer Support for assistance enabling any of the following features:
Creating a Template: Create a standard document that can consistently be used in each transaction rather than uploading the same document to each transaction. See Create Document Templates.
- Multi-factor Authentication: Require users to use MFA to log in or to complete a transaction:
EasyLink: Generate a unique link directly to your document and share it with signers via your website, email, or anywhere else online: EasyLinks
Signer ID Visibility: See a picture of the signer's ID used during the transaction.
Multi-signer: Allow more than one signer to sign a document: Prepare a Transaction for Multiple Signers
Notary Notes: Provide additional information about the document to the notary before the session: Notary Notes for Business Transactions
eSign: Send standard documents for signatures that do not require notarization: eSignature
Full API Integration: Prep your customers for easy notarization by integrating with our platform, from 1-click solutions to full programmatic integration.
- Blur notary background: If you employ your own notaries, request that they blur their background for a more professional presentation: Video Background for Notaries
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I include in the email customization box?
Email customization is available for all transactions. You can enter custom text communicating with your signer in your voice, which can help build confidence for your signers, especially those new to the online notarization process. Also, be sure you've added your company logo to your account so your logo is included in all transaction emails.
Feel free to reach out to our Support team if you need help!
Chat: Click the icon in the corner of your screen:
- Monday – Friday: 8 am – 10 pm ET
- Saturday – Sunday: 8 am – 7 pm ET
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: Available depending on your subscription
Notaries are available 24/7/365!
CONFIDENTIAL. © 2022-2023 Notarize, Inc. (dba Proof.com)