Establish the account owner for your business account with Proof. The account owner is typically the person who creates the account. Owners have the same rights as Admins, but the owner is the primary contact on the account for all matters, including billing.
- Accounts can have multiple admins but only one owner.
- An owner is required for every account or parent account. An owner is not required for child accounts linked to a parent account.
If you're looking to assign an existing user as an account owner, check Edit or Disable Team Members for instructions.
🎯Primary Audience: Proof for Business
- Log in to your Proof account using the temporary credentials sent by your Customer Success Manager (CSM).
- From the upper right corner, click your initials and Manage my account:
- Your Profile & preferences page appears
- Update your login credentials on the Overview tab:
Add your Full name, Email address & Timezone, then click .
The email address provided will be designated as the Account Owner email and will receive all completed transactions sent from your account. Keep this in mind when you update this email address.
- Scroll down to the Password section. Type your current password in the first box and your new password in the second box. Click .
- Scroll down to the Multi-factor authentication section. Toggle it ON and choose your preferred method to provide additional security on your account. Click .
- Add your Full name, Email address & Timezone, then click .
Pro Tip! To avoid overflowing your inbox, consider setting up an email alias, using a separate email address as the “Account Owner,” or setting up a filter for these messages.
Feel free to reach out to our Support team if you need help!
Chat: Click the icon in the corner of your screen:
- Monday – Friday: 8 am – 10 pm ET
- Saturday – Sunday: 8 am – 7 pm ET
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: Available depending on your subscription
Notaries are available 24/7/365!
© 2023-2024 Notarize, Inc. (dba Proof.com) All Rights Reserved.