If a signer is personally known to your notary, they can use the Personally Known to Notary (PKN) feature to skip Knowledge-Based Authentication (KBA) and Credential Analysis during the identity verification process. This feature greatly reduces the pre-meeting time for your signers.
Notaries: Review Personally Known to Notary (PKN) Feature for Notaries to learn more.
🎯Primary Audience: Title Agents & Lenders
Enabling & Creating
This feature must be enabled by Proof. Please contact Customer Support at email@example.com to request this feature for your account. If you were assigned a Customer Success Manager (CSM), work with your CSM.
Once enabled, this option appears whenever a single signer transaction is created.
If the notary indicates that they do not know the signer by clicking No, End Meeting, the transaction is canceled.
Limitations & Considerations
- PKN cannot be used for multiple signers. Single signer transactions only.
- You cannot switch a transaction to PKN after it was created.
- PKN is only available if you use your in-house notaries. It is not available for use with the Notarize Network with on-demand notaries (ODN):
- If you select PKN, overflow to the Notarize Network is no longer possible.
- This transaction can be manually reassigned but will not automatically overflow to the On-Demand Notary network. Reassignment to the network requires the signer to complete KBA and credential analysis.
- The notary determines if the level of their relationship with the signer allows them to feel comfortable identifying their signer as the person named in the document.
- Review the Identify a Signer article for your state for additional guidelines specific to your state.
Still have questions you can't find answers to? Click the chat icon in the corner of your screen to start a chat, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
CONFIDENTIAL. © 2022-2023 Notarize, Inc. (dba Proof.com)