The Notary Profile Setup process for Title Agents and Lenders using In-house Notaries (IHN).
🎯Primary Audience: Title Agents & Lenders
Obtain Online Notarization Authorization
Notaries need to obtain authorization to perform online notarizations in their state, and compliance requirements vary by state:
- Go to https://www.notarize.com/notary#notary-map and click on your state to view the requirements.
Once an administrator has invited a notary to the company’s Proof account, they'll receive an email prompting them to create an account and complete their notary profile. At this point, notaries:
- Create an account password.
- Select Set Password.
From there, the Notary Onboarding Wizard guides notaries directly through the entire profile setup on our platform.
Notaries must upload the following documents to complete their profiles. The Notary Onboarding Team will review the documents:
- A PDF of their paper commission
- A PDF of their E&O policy:
- Must be insured for at least $25,000 to use the platform
- See Errors & Omissions Insurance (E&O)
- A digital certificate from Identrust:
Once all of the notary’s documents have been uploaded, their profile is automatically submitted to the Notary Onboarding Team for review. The turnaround time for review is 24-48 hours. While their accounts are under review, notaries cannot access the platform.
Once approved, notaries receive an email notification from our Notary Onboarding Team informing them that they have successfully completed their notary profile and are ready for online notarization!
Feel free to reach out to our Support team if you need help!
Chat: Click the icon in the corner of your screen:
- Monday – Friday: 8 am – 10 pm ET
- Saturday – Sunday: 8 am – 7 pm ET
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: Available depending on your subscription
Notaries are available 24/7/365!
For help with the onboarding process or questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finance & Billing
Email email@example.com for finance and billing questions.
CONFIDENTIAL. © 2022-2023 Notarize, Inc. (dba Proof.com)