🚧 We've rebranded to Proof with the Notarize Network, but don't worry: The Notarize Network will continue to offer the same great service!
We’ve pulled together some of our favorite tips designed to make your day easier and your workflow as efficient as possible. Check them out below, and happy stamping!
Sending Your First Transactions
Work with your preferred Title Insurance Underwriters for online notarization acceptance
During account setup, title companies are required to indicate the operating states and title insurance underwriters they do business. Proof performs an eligibility check during the process of creating a transaction. However, title agents are responsible for understanding their underwriters’ requirements and restrictions. It is always best to check with the receiving party of the documents before you begin sending transactions to be sure you have all the information you need.
Send transactions as early as possible
Don’t delay! Send your first transaction within a week of your training session. Organizations that send their first transaction within a week of their training session see a significant lift in their adoption rate and usage. Remember, we are here to help if you need us!
We recommend sending all transactions as early as possible to prepare everyone involved, which leads to a higher success rate. We recognize that advanced knowledge and confirmation of closings vary. We suggest uploading your title document package and saving the transaction rather than sending it. This way, you’ll be able to easily send your transactions once you are sure a closing will occur.
Customize Your Communications
Include customized notes to your signers
When creating a new transaction, you’ll see an option to include a personal message to your signer at the very bottom of the page. If you choose to include a note to your signer, it will show up in the first email sent to them: You have Closing Documents Ready To Sign. This note could be helpful in a scenario where the signer needs to bring a witness for their notarization or if you want to include personalized communications.
Upload your company logo
Show your branding off! Upload your company logo in your Account Settings and present it in all of your Proof communications. Your signers and the contacts you add to transactions can see that your organization is a Proof partner. Visit this page for instructions on how to upload your company logo.
In-House Notary (IHN) Solutions
Prepare and Tag your Documents
Before you send your transaction to your signers, you’ll need to prepare the documents you’ve uploaded with signature tags and requirement toggles. For more information on how to do so, see Prepare Your Documents.
White Text Tagging
Automate your workflow and have documents pre-tagged rather than manually prepping and tagging your documents. White Text Tagging is an auto-tagging solution, meaning that signer and notary signature tags are automatically placed after uploading your documents. This solution does require an initial manual lift from your team. Once you’ve done so, all you have to do moving forward is upload your White Text documents to new transactions, and they will populate signature tags automatically. Find out how to set up White Text Tags here, and see how it works here.
Add Contacts To A Transaction
Adding contacts to your transactions allows for more visibility and assurance. Contacts added to a transaction will receive email communications when the package was sent to the signers when the package was signed, which includes some details surrounding the closing. Signers are able to see added contacts and their contact info in Proof email communications and during the signing process. Read more here.
On-Demand Notary (ODN) Solution
Utilize Notary Notes
Proof allows Real Estate Clients to add Notary Notes to any transaction. This feature can be used for special instructions or information about your transaction for the notary:
- Select Yes > Type your notes in the text box > Select Notes
This creates an action item for the notary to review your note before beginning the signing process for every transaction. Read more here.
Utilize special instructions to the Proof team
If you have special instructions you’d like to include for our Closing Operations Department, you can do so when building out a new transaction. At the bottom of the page, you’ll see Do you need to include any special instructions for the Proof team?
- Select Yes > Type your notes > Select Save
Add contacts to a transaction
Adding contacts to your transactions allows for more visibility and assurance. Contacts added to a transaction will receive email communications when the package was sent to the signers when the package was signed, which includes some details surrounding the closing. Signers will be able to see added contacts and their contact info in Proof email communications and during the signing process. Read more here.
Guide Your Signers
Set clear expectations and provide information in advance
- What types of IDs should they have for the notary meeting?
- Is there additional information they need to collect before completing their document?
- Will the signer pay for their transaction? If yes, make the cost clear and let them know to have a credit card available for payment.
- The transaction email includes a signer checklist, but feel free to reiterate anything within this list that may be important to your signers. The transaction email also contains the following:
- US Social Security Number
- Government-issued photo ID
- A device with audio & video capabilities
- A current & supported browser (Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Safari, or the Notarize app for Android or iOS)
- Set timing expectations with signers for when you would like the document completed.
- Share any unique aspects about the document they are asked to sign.
- We require unique emails for transactions with more than 1 signer (only if they’re not co-located).
Utilize Special Features
- Multi-factor Authentication for Team Members: Require users to use MFA to log in or to complete a transaction.
- Multi-factor Authentication for Signers: Require your signers to use MFA to log in and complete their transactions.
- Overflow for In-House Notaries: When the Overflow feature is enabled, you determine the maximum time a customer waits for your in-house notaries before the call is routed to one of our On-Demand Notaries.
- Title Agent Meeting Participation: This feature lets a title agent, real estate agent, or mortgage broker join the meeting with the signer and notary when they are part of a lender-initiated or title-initiated transaction. This feature is auto-enabled if the transaction is in an attorney state (CT, DE, WV, SC, GA, MA, MD, IN). To enable this feature, reach out to your dedicated Customer Success Manager (CSM) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Notary Notes: Provide additional information about your documents to the notary before the session.
- eSign: Send standard documents for signatures that do not require notarization.
- Blur notary background: If you employ your own notaries, request that they blur their backgrounds for a more professional presentation.
Assistance & Support
If you have issues with a transaction or need general guidance, reach out to Support!
- Monday–Friday: 8 am–11:59 pm ET
- Saturday & Sunday: 8 am–10 pm ET
Subscribers with phone support included in their tier can contact Proof Support Services during the same hours as email and chat support.
CONFIDENTIAL. © 2022-2023 Notarize, Inc. (dba Proof.com)