🚧 We've rebranded to Proof with the Notarize Network, but don't worry: The Notarize Network will continue to offer the same great service!
You’ll need to meet with a commissioned notary via a live video session to notarize your document(s). Use the Proof meeting interface to select which device to use for the camera, microphone, and speaker inputs for your video session.
If you're in a meeting or attempting to connect to a notary on a computer and your camera isn't working, check out the tips in this article for troubleshooting your camera or click a link below to jump to that section.
- Webcam Isn't on the Device List
- Video Is Blank or Black
- Red X Is Over the Camera Icon
- More Troubleshooting Resources
🎯Primary Audience: Signers
The first step for any meeting issues is to ensure that your:
- Device software is updated (check and update your computer's operating system and browser for updates).
- Internet or data connection is stable.
- Device meets the minimum system requirements to complete a transaction.
- Camera isn't being used by another program. If your audio/visual equipment is being used by another app, the camera can't be used by the Proof platform to see the notary during a live video session. Close unused tabs and applications if needed.
- Camera is selected and is allowed on the platform.
If you need to give the camera permission for app.proof.com, click the lock icon in the address bar (next to the URL) and allow the camera for Proof.
Webcam Isn't on the Device List
If you have an external webcam that was not attached or not powered on prior to reaching the tech-check screen, you may need to refresh your browser to refresh the list of currently accessible devices.
If the device is not seen by the operating system, it will not appear in this list. Visit your PC’s control panel or settings page to see the complete list of video recording devices; device troubleshooting will be unique to your PC. Once you are able to see your device in the system’s hardware list, return to the Proof application and continue with the Tech Check.
Video Is Blank or Black
If the video displayed in the Tech Check is black and doesn't display anything, try the following steps:
- Ensure nothing is blocking the camera lens and the shutter or privacy cover is fully open.
- Ensure that your browser’s privacy settings are not blocking access to the camera or the app.proof.com website.
Red X Is Over the Camera Icon
If your URL address bar is showing a camera icon with an X through it, your browser is currently blocking your camera for use with the Proof platform.
To fix this, click the camera icon to review your permissions for the Proof platform and select the option to allow Proof to use your camera.
More Troubleshooting Resources
Still have questions you can't find answers to? Click the chat icon in the corner of your screen to start a chat or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
© 2022-2023 Notarize, Inc. (dba Proof.com) All Rights Reserved.