You’ll need to meet with a commissioned notary via a live video session to have your documents notarized. Use the Proof interface to select which of your device's camera, microphone, and speaker inputs you'd like to use for your video session.
If you can't hear the notary or the notary can't hear you, check out the tips below.
🎯Primary Audience: Signers
Use In-Meeting Chat (sign in to your account to view this article) in the lower left corner under your video feed to communicate with the notary if you are unable to hear or speak during the meeting.
Follow the procedures below to troubleshoot.
Troubleshoot Computer Audio
The first step for any meeting issues is to ensure that your:
- Device software is updated (check and update your Android Version or iOS Version).
- Notarize app is up-to-date (check and update your Android App or iOS App).
- Internet or data connection is stable.
- Device meets the minimum system requirements to complete a transaction.
- Microphone and speakers are correctly selected in the meeting.
Use the testing features on the tech setup page of your meeting when troubleshooting your audio input and output.
If you regularly use wireless headphones with your device, the sound and microphone of that device may be used instead of your built-in microphone and speakers. Open your computer's sound settings (varies depending on your computer) to change where sound is played.
Microphone Isn't Picking Up Vocal Input
Here's our recommendations if you're unable to see your own vocal input in the soundbar indicator next to the setup options:
- If you're using an external microphone, make sure it's plugged into the proper port and is fully inserted:
- If the microphone is not seen by the operating system it will not appear in the device list. Open your computer’s control panel or settings to see the complete list of audio input devices and troubleshoot from your system (this will vary depending on your computer). Once you're able to see your device in the system’s hardware list, return to Proof and continue with the Tech Check.
- If you regularly use a wireless headset with your device, the sound may be sent to that device instead of your speakers. Open your computer's sound settings (varies depending on your computer) to change which microphone is used.
Ensure your microphone's settings are not set to "mute" by default.
Make sure your microphone isn't being used by another program or website on your device, and close unused tabs and applications, if possible. If your audio/visual streams are being used by another app you won't be able to use the microphone during a live video session on the Proof platform.
Sound Isn't Working
If you're unable to hear the test sound, make sure the volume on your device is turned up.
Try the following steps if you're using Chrome to access Proof:
- Right click on the Proof tab and select Unmute Site if that option is available (it may say "Mute Site", in which case, no action is needed).
- Select the padlock on the left of the URL, then Site Settings and make sure the camera, microphone, and sound are allowed on Proof.
If you regularly use wireless headphones with your device, the sound may be sent to that device instead of your speakers. Open your computer's sound settings (varies depending on your computer) to change where sound is played.
More Troubleshooting Resources
Still have questions you can't find answers to? Click the chat icon in the corner of your screen to start a chat or email us at email@example.com!
© 2022-2023 Notarize, Inc. (dba Proof.com) All Rights Reserved.