If you have multiple related designations in one document you can group them together for easier processing. This eases the burden on the notary who no longer needs to place the designations during the transaction.
🎯Primary Audience: Proof for Business
What are Grouped Designations?
Grouped Designations allow you to categorize designations so the signer can select one of many options.
As with individual designations, grouped designations can be assigned to a specific signer. If a designation is part of a group, it can only be assigned to a signer as a group. If you'd like to assign individual designations to different signers, apply them as separate designations.
You can also set a required minimum or a maximum number of selections in a group.
How do I get access to Grouped Designations?
This feature must be enabled by Proof. Please contact Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org to request this feature for your account. If you were assigned a Customer Success Manager (CSM), work with your CSM.
How do I create Grouped Designations?
Create a transaction as you normally would. During the "Prepare Document" stage, follow the steps below.
- From the tools on the right, use the Select tool.
- Select Add to Group to add as many checkboxes as required on the form.
- When you are finished preparing your designation, tap anywhere on your document to complete the rest of your document preparation.
Add group designations via white-text tagging
Group designations are now supported with white-text tagging. Learn more about white-text tags.
How do I add requirements to Grouped Designations?
- Select one of the checkboxes that have been added as a group. Use the toolbar on the right to add a minimum or maximum or assign the group to a specific signer:
- Assign to specific signer: Use the dropdown menu under Assigned to, and select the appropriate signer for this group.
- Assign a minimum or maximum: Under Group Requirements, use the dropdown menus next to Minimum and Maximum to make selections for this particular group.
- Repeat the process for additional grouped designations as needed.
Feel free to reach out to our Support team if you need help!
Chat: Click the icon in the corner of your screen:
- Monday – Friday: 8 am – 10 pm ET
- Saturday – Sunday: 8 am – 7 pm ET
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: Available depending on your subscription
Notaries are available 24/7/365!
CONFIDENTIAL. © 2022-2023 Notarize, Inc. (dba Proof.com)