🚧 We've rebranded to Proof with the Notarize Network, but don't worry: The Notarize Network will continue to offer the same great service!
Complete documents sent by a title agency or lender by following these instructions, including how to view and sign the document and how to join the call.
You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org on behalf of the business inviting you to have your signature notarized on the specified document.
If your document requires multiple signers, also read Sign a Document from a Business Requiring Multiple Signers.
- Open the email and click the View Your Document button at the bottom of the email.
- On the page that appears, set a password and click Sign Up.
- Depending on your title agency or lender's settings, you may be asked to verify your identity with additional steps, such as a text message.
- Creating an account will not subscribe you to any email lists; your account is purely for security purposes to protect and access completed documents.
- Select the Sign Documents Now button.
- In the pop-up window, verify that your first and last name in Proof appear exactly as they do on your ID, add your preferred pronouns if desired, then select Confirm.
- Review and fill out the document using our digital tools. Your document may not need to be edited if the form is pre-populated, however, be sure to confirm the accuracy of the data on the form. If all information on the document is accurate, select Continue.
- If the information is incorrect and you are unable to make edits, please contact the organization that sent the document about corrections.
Tech Check: Allow camera and microphone access from the pop-up that appears. Select your camera, microphone, and speakers from the dropdown menus underneath the video feed. Wait for the connection test to complete, then click Continue.
Read audio and microphone troubleshooting or help with your camera if you need help.
- Provide your name, date of birth, last 4 digits of your social security number, and your U.S. address.
- Select Continue.
- To confirm your identity, answer the 5 security questions drawn from background information unique to you.
- You have 2 minutes to answer 4 out of 5 challenge questions correctly to verify your identity.
- Read Identity Verification Process For Signers for more details on the identity verification process.
- After you successfully answer the questions, follow the on-screen instructions to capture images of the front and back of your identification using your phone or webcam.
- Please ensure the photos of your identification are legible and not blurry.
- 📝 Note: Each document may have specific ID requirements for notarization. If this is the case, follow the document instructions. Here is a list of acceptable forms of ID for most documents.
- If a second form of identification is required, you will be prompted to capture a secondary form of ID.
- Select Let's Get Started to connect with a notary.
- Wait in the waiting room, and a notary will pick up your call as soon as possible (usually under 2 minutes).
The notary confirms your identity by examining the ID(s) you uploaded and will ask you a few standard questions to make sure you know what you’re signing and that you are doing so voluntarily. The notary then fills in the appropriate notary information, witnesses your signature, and affixes the notary seal.
The notary ends the call, and no additional actions are required.
📝 Note: If you are responsible for covering the cost of the notarization, you will be prompted to enter your payment information. You will not see this screen if you are not responsible for payment.
Real Estate Transactions FAQs
Do I need to fill out the document?No need to fill out the document, but you will have the opportunity to review your document package before meeting with the notary.
Will I have to pay the fees?The final cost of your transaction may depend on the subscription tier of the organization that directed you to Proof. Some organizations may choose to pay for the transaction, so you don't have to. If you're not sure, reach out to your contact at the business who sent you the documents to confirm.
Which types of payment do you accept?We accept Apple Pay, Google Pay, Credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, and American Express), Debit cards (deducts from your bank account), and bank transfers.
© 2023-2024 Notarize, Inc. (dba Proof.com) All Rights Reserved.