Instructions to download the audit trail from the transaction record in your organization's account.
🎯Primary Audience: Proof for Business
The audit trail generally tracks the following events for all users who interact with the documents:
- Signer names
- Signer email addresses (for transactions completed after July 2023)
- Document created
- KBA passed
- ID verified
- Signature agreement
- Initials agreement
- Signature application
- Initials application
- Seal application
- Digital certificate applied
If you're looking for the document log, read View the Audit Trail for a Notarized Document for instructions on how to view or download the document-level audit trail from the PDF file.
Access the Transaction-Level Audit Trail
- Log in to your Proof account.
- Click Send & manage from the navigation panel on the left:
- If you don't see the navigation panel, click the caret to expand it.
- Click Created by me from the Send & manage menu to view your own transactions or remain on the All transactions default.
- Review Search for a Transaction for instructions on searching and filtering transactions.
- Select the desired transaction from the list or search results.
- Click the Document tab from the top menu of the Transaction Details window that appears.
- Click AuditTrail.pdf under SUPPLEMENTARY MERGED DOCUMENTS to preview the PDF of the audit trail.
- Click from the lower right corner to save a copy of the audit trail.
Document-Level Audit Trail
Document-level audit trails are attached to individual documents and tamper-sealed with the final notarization for every document signed on the platform.
The audit trail can be viewed by opening the document in Adobe Acrobat and expanding the attachments section. Read View the Audit Trail for a Notarized Document to view or download the document-level audit trail from the PDF file.
CONFIDENTIAL. © 2022-2023 Notarize, Inc. (dba Proof.com)