This article provides instructions on downloading the audit trail from the transaction record in your organization's account.
If you're looking for the document-level log, read View the Audit Trail for a Notarized Document for instructions on how to view or download the document-level audit trail from the PDF file.
🎯Primary Audience: Title Agents & Lenders
Audit Log Events
In general, the Audit Log tracks the following events for all users who interact with the documents.
- Signer names
- Signer email addresses (for transaction created after July 2023)
- Document created
- KBA passed
- ID verified
- Signature agreement
- Initials agreement
- Signature application
- Initials application
- Seal application
- Digital certificate applied
Access the Transaction-Level Audit Trail
Log in to your Proof account to complete the steps below.
- Click My closings from the navigation panel on the left:
- If you don't see the panel, click the caret to expand it.
- Select Created by me from the My closings menu to view your own transactions or remain on the All transactions default
- Refer to View Your Team's Transactions for instructions on searching and filtering transactions.
- Click on the transaction to open it.
- Click the DOCUMENTS tab from the top menu of the Transaction Details window that appears.
- Select AuditTrail.pdf to preview the PDF of the audit trail under Supplementary Merged Documents.
- Select the Download button in the lower right corner to save a copy of the audit trail.
Document-Level Audit Trail
Document-level audit trails are attached to individual documents and tamper-sealed with the final notarization for every document signed on the platform.
The audit trail can be viewed by opening the document in Adobe Acrobat and expanding the attachments section. Read View the Audit Trail for a Notarized Document if you would like to view or download the document-level audit trail from the PDF file.
CONFIDENTIAL. © 2022-2023 Notarize, Inc. (dba Proof.com)