If you are unable to speak with the notary verbally, you can use the In-Meeting Chat to communicate during your meeting for business transactions.
To read about In-Meeting Chat for the Android and iOS Notarize app, read Use In-Meeting Chat During Your Meeting with a Notary on Mobile.
🎯Primary Audience: Signers
In-Meeting Chat is available to all meeting participants. Participants can open In-Meeting Chat and send messages to each other.
The chat feature is helpful if you have:
- A hearing or speech impairment. The chat feature allows for communication between you and the notary, ensuring that people with a hearing or speech impairment can complete transactions on Proof.
- Technical audio issues. Before In-Meeting Chat, you had no way to communicate how to troubleshoot the audio problems. With In-Meeting Chat, the notary can help you troubleshoot technical issues.
How Does It Work?
When you or the notary sends a message in the chat, the other person gets a chat message notification.
You'll see a notification with a preview of the message under your video feed.
- To dismiss the notification, press the X in the upper right corner.
- To open In-Meeting Chat, select the In-meeting messages button at the bottom left of your screen under your video feed.
- Type your message and press the Send button on the right.
- Press the button with the X to close In-Meeting Chat.
Downloading the Transcript
Anyone that has access to the transaction details (the notary, signer, business, admin) has access to the chat transcript.
After you complete a meeting and the video is processed, the chat messages show over the video when played through the video player with the Proof platform from the transaction details page.
Select the Download Transcript button under the video to download.
Download and Play the Chat and Video Together
To play the chat and video together, download the .mp4 (video file) and .srt (chat transcript file) separately, and open them in a media player. Playing the files depends on the video player you use, but here's an example of how to play the files using VLC Media Player.
© 2023-2024 Notarize, Inc. (dba Proof.com) All Rights Reserved.