KBA Failure Alerts provide real-time notification to the Title Agent initiating a RON meeting to know if the signer failed KBA twice and is locked out of the transaction for 24 hours.
🎯Primary Audience: Title Agents & Lenders
Benefits of KBA Alerts
- Removes the guesswork of waiting on the signer
- Provides the opportunity to make immediate adjustments to the closing schedule
- Improves communication and mitigates signer anxiety
Alerting the Title Agent immediately provides the maximum amount of time to adjust the closing. It reduces delays in rescheduling the signing, redrawing of documents, alerting vendors of delayed payments, and additional coordination with the Lender.
How does it work?
When a KBA failure occurs, an automated email is sent to the transaction creator, the title contact, and the closer contact with a link to the transaction details page, where they can reschedule the closing beyond the 24-hour waiting period.
Title Agents can click Reschedule closing directly from the email.
When you sign in to the portal to View Your Team's Transactions, you see the alert at the top of the screen. You can recall, reschedule, or cancel the closing.
Selecting Reschedule closing (above) allows you to schedule the closing for a specific date/time, or a date range.
The signer receives an email if you reschedule the meeting.
Lenders receive a notification without the reschedule button.
Alerting on Failed KBA does not:
- Provide in-app alerting
- Allow additional contacts (e.g., Real Estate Agents, Loan Officers, etc.)
- Alert via text message or other means (email only)
- Make API Alerts available (see below)
- Rescheduling is only available if the signer fails KBA twice. If the closing needs to be rescheduled for any other reason, the transaction must be recalled and recreated.
API customers can subscribe to a separate KBA Failure webhook in addition to or instead of the email alert.
KBA Failure Dashboard Alerts
KBA Failure Dashboard alerts supplement email alerting in case the transaction participants miss the message:
- Users can see all transactions with an active Signer-lockout at a glance.
- Once the 24-hour lockout window has passed, the alert is automatically cleared from the transaction.
Click Identity Issues under All transactions to view only those transactions that failed KBA
KBA Failure Dashboard Limitations
Dashboard Alerting does not:
- Alert users who do not have access to the transaction dashboard
- Expose transactions to users who cannot currently access them
- Keep a historical record of KBA failures
We're here to help! Please don’t hesitate to reach out to your Proof team with any questions about Proof Real Estate solutions.
To contact Support, click the Chat icon in the corner of your screen to start a chat with us, or send us an email at email@example.com!
CONFIDENTIAL. © 2022-2023 Notarize, Inc. (dba Proof.com)