Businesses, Title Agents, and Lenders can set signing date windows (activation or expiration) when creating RON or eSign transactions if a document is only available for Signing within a specific date range.
The business organization sets the signing date window, which can include activation and expiration dates:
- Activation is when the signing date is set for the future.
- Expiration is when the signing date is active but has an expiration date.
- The Signer receives an email notification with the Subject line: Signing will be enabled on [date] if the activation date is set for the future:
- Even if Signers click the Preview documents link from the email early, they cannot proceed to the signing or a notary meeting until the activation date.
The Signer receives an email notification with the Subject Line: Documents expire on [date] if the transaction is active but has an expiration date:
- Signers cannot proceed to signing or a notary meeting if the transaction has passed its expiration date.
- Business: Set Signing Dates for Transactions
- Real Estate: Set a Closing Window or Scheduled Closing Date
© 2023-2024 Notarize, Inc. (dba Proof.com) All Rights Reserved.