Identity Verification is the verification of a person's identity. Identity verification is usually performed just once, but once verified, a person's identity may need to be authenticated each time they access a system or resource.
There are multiple methods for Identity Verification. The methods available to notaries for verifying a signer's identity for notarizations vary depending on the state where the notary is commissioned:
There are multiple methods for Identity Verification:
- IAL2-Compliant Identity Verification (Credential Analysis + Selfie Comparison)
- Multi-Step Verification:
- Personal Knowledge of Identity
- Credible Identifying Witness
ℹ️ Anyone can access most of the articles linked below. However, only notaries and business/real estate customers can access notary articles. Review Access Help Center Articles as a Notary for assistance.
- Signers: Acceptable Forms of ID for Online Notarization
- Multi-Step Verification
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
- Single Sign On (SSO)
- Passwordless Login
- Proof Transactions
© 2022-2023 Notarize, Inc. (dba Proof.com) All Rights Reserved.