What's in This Article
This article serves as an installation guide for Salesforce admins who would like to configure the Notarize with Proof Salesforce app. Please ensure that you have a Proof contract in place prior to beginning the configuration process—you will need a Notarize with Proof API key to proceed.
🎯Primary Audience: Proof for Business
Key steps covered by this guide include:
- Installing the Notarize with Proof app from the Salesforce AppExchange
- Salesforce environment configuration
- Create a Notarize with Proof API key
- Notarize with Proof Setup App
If you have any questions after reading this guide, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The guide will instruct you to navigate through setup. To do so, you must click on the gear to the upper right and select Setup. In setup, use the Quick Find box to find and navigate to the appropriate section.
Installing the Notarize with Proof Package
- Navigate to the Proof AppExchange listing and click Get it Now.
- Log in to your Salesforce account, and choose which set of users you would like to install the app.
- Once the Site is Active, click Public Access Settings.
- Install for Admins Only is recommended - this option allows for controlling access and permissions after installing the package.
For further information, please refer to the Salesforce documentation on Package Installations.
- Approve Third-Party Access - check off the box and click Continue to start the package installation when the modal appears. As it states, this is to allow data to be sent back and forth between your Salesforce org and Notarize with Proof.
Set up a Site for Webhook Events
For Notarize with Proof to pass back transaction updates to Salesforce, a webhook must be created on a public Site. The guest user assigned to the site will need the Notarize with Proof API User Permission Set assigned.
- Navigate to Setup > User Interface > Sites and Domains > Sites
If you have not yet set up a Site Domain, you will need to provide a unique domain name.
- Check the availability of the domain name.
- If it is available, you will see a Success message.
- Click the Register Button.
- Once a domain is registered, create a new Site by clicking New.
- Enter the following:
- Site Label
- Site Name (Site Name will be auto-filled)
- Active Site Home Page
- Click Save.
- Click Activate.
- When the Site is Active, click Public Access Settings.
- Click View Users.
- Select the Site Guest User.
- Scroll down to the Permission Set Assignments list and click Edit Assignments.
- Add the Notarize with Proof API User Permission Set to the Enabled Permission Sets list (to the right).
- Click Save.
Add the Notarize with Proof Lightning Component to Record Pages
For your users to start using the Notarize with Proof app, the Notarize with Proof Lightning Component first needs to be added to the record pages of the supported objects. The following steps guide you through adding the component to the Contact object, but you can also follow the same steps for the other supported objects (Account, Opportunity, and Lead).
- In the Sales app, click on the Contact tab, then select an existing Contact record.
- Click the cog icon on the top right of the page, then click Edit Page.
- Drag the Notarize with Proof Component onto the record page layout.
- Click Save.
- Then click Activation.
Set up activation based on which users will need to see this component.
Note: This app is supported on Mobile devices, so make sure to set the form factor to desktop and phone when activating the page.
The package includes the Notarize with Proof Standard User permission set that must be assigned to any standard user using the Notarize with Proof lightning component. To assign the permission set to users, navigate to Setup > User > Permission Sets.
- Select the Notarize with Proof Standard User permission set.
- From the Permission Sets Overview page, click Manage Assignments.
- Click Add Assignments.
- Check the box next to the user(s) that you would like to assign the permission set to and click Assign.
Enable Flow Template for Document Return
One flow template is packaged (Download Notarize Transaction Documents) for automated document return into Salesforce. This is a record-triggered flow that activates when a Transaction is completed. This flow is not activated by default and must be enabled.
- In the Quick Find, search for Flows.
- Click Download Notarize Transaction Documents.
- Click Activate.
Set up a Notarize with Proof API Key
Configure a Notarize with Proof API key to use the Notarize with Proof Salesforce app. To begin, log into your Proof account.
- Click your name in the upper right corner of your Proof account.
- Select Account Settings from the dropdown menu.
- Click API Keys from the menu on the left.
- Click .
- Save the key for reference in the Notarize with Proof Setup App.
Go through the Notarize with Proof Setup App
The last step in setting up the Notarize with Proof app is to go through the packaged Notarize with Proof Setup, which is used for establishing a secure connection between Salesforce and Notarize with Proof. You must run through these steps to ensure you are connected to your Notarize with Proof instance.
- Click on the App Launcher icon, then click on Notarize Setup.
- On the Notarize with Proof Setup app, click Get Started.
- Enter the API Key you set up in your Notarize with Proof instance, then click Authorize.
- When you’ve successfully connected, click Next.
The next step guides you through creating a Site for Webhook events. You’ve already created and set up a Site from a previous section on this guide, so all you need to do is select the correct Site from the picklist, then click Activate Webhook.
- When the webhook is successfully activated, click Finish.
- On the Setup Home Page, click Start next to Debug Log Management.
This section controls which debug record types to create in the app and how many records you want stored in Salesforce. Click Finish after selecting your options.
Set the Notarize with Proof App to use the Testing API (optional)
The Notarize with Proof Salesforce app can use Notarize with Proof's testing API for user acceptance testing (UAT). You can skip this section if you plan on using the app with Notarize with Proof's production API. Please complete these steps if you are configuring the Notarize with Proof Salesforce App in a sandbox/developer environment.
- Navigate to Setup > Custom Code > Custom Settings and click Manage next to Notarize Package Settings.
- Click New.
- Click the checkbox next to Package Testing Mode, then click Save.
Note: If you want to switch back to the Notarize with Proof Production API, navigate back to this Custom Setting, uncheck the checkbox, and click Save.
© 2022-2023 Notarize, Inc. (dba Proof.com) All Rights Reserved.