Organizations can cancel a transaction if it contains errors that cannot be fixed during a notary meeting. You must cancel the transaction and generate a new one.
Errors that cannot be fixed during a meeting include:
- A transaction was sent to an incorrect email address.
- Documents need to be replaced.
- The number of participating signers has changed.
Depending on the transaction status, you may need to recall a transaction before deleting it. (Recalling a transaction is available for Real Estate only.)
Recall returns the transaction to a Draft. You can recall a Real Estate transaction to edit before sending it back to your borrower/seller. (Available for Real Estate transactions only.)
Cancel is only available for transactions that have been sent but not completed. After cancel is used, the transaction is no longer accessible (to you or the signer). A new transaction must be created.
ℹ️ Anyone can access most of the articles linked below. However, only notaries and business/real estate customers can access notary articles. Review Access Help Center Articles as a Notary for assistance.
- Business: Cancel a Single Transaction
- Real Estate: Cancel a Single Real Estate Transaction
- Notaries: Managing Your Transactions
© 2022-2023 Notarize, Inc. (dba Proof.com) All Rights Reserved.