This article outlines the process of placing online closings (everything is done fully online!) from Encompass to Notarize with Proof. All orders will be placed from the Proof eClosing form in Encompass.
- We currently support only eNotes generated with eOriginal in the Encompass integration. We do not currently support DocMagic notes generated from Encompass. See Complete a Hybrid With eNote Closing from Encompass for more information.
- We currently do not support Ginnie Mae notes created via the Encompass integration.
- Title Agents added to online closings via the Notarize with Proof Collab flow must be onboarded to Proof before participating in transactions.
- Your Proof account has been set up for online closings (check with your Proof Solutions Engineer).
- eVault has been configured with Notarize with Proof and thoroughly tested.
- The title agencies you are working with are onboarded to Notarize with Proof.
At a Glance
Online closings submitted via Encompass will follow the Notarize with Proof Collab workflow.
- Prepare a loan in Encompass.
- Order documents, uncheck the Paper note (for now), and add to the eFolder in Encompass.
- Place the order from Notarize with Proof eClosing Form in Encompass.
- The transaction will automatically be sent to the Title agent selected on the file.
- Title agent uploads documents and places the order to our Closing Operations team to quality check the transaction and tag Title documents.
- Our Closing Operations team sends the transaction to the signer(s).
Online closings from Encompass follow the same procedure as How to Place a Hybrid with eNote Closing from Encompass, except you will be submitting a transaction that must be eligible to be completed fully online instead of only partially online.
Online closings must pass an eligibility check in our system for the property address you are submitting. On the Notarize with Proof eClosing form, we will perform this eligibility check before allowing you to place an online closing. If the closing is eligible, you will then be able to select a Title Agency and Underwriter. After selecting the Title Agency, this dropdown will remember your previous selection, thus making it quicker to find your title agency after each use.
Title Agent File Contact vs. Title Agency Selected
We will look at the Title agent file contact (under File Contacts > Tools) on the Encompass loan and the Title agency selected on the Notarize with Proof eClosing form.
- If the Title Agent File Contact is not a member of the Title Agency, the Title Agency contact list in the Proof platform will receive an email requesting to add the Title Agent.
- If the Title Agent File Contact is already a member of the Proof Title Agency account, only that Title Agent will receive an email to add Title documents.
After placing the order from Encompass, the order will automatically be sent to the Title Agent/Agency on the transaction. The order will include all transaction details, the eNote, and lender documents. If an update needs to be made, you will be able to recall a transaction and resend it in this linear Notarize with Proof Collab flow (Lender -> Title -> Notarize with Proof Closing Operations).
For Title Agents
- See Title Participation for Online Closings for more information on Title's steps before placing the order to our Closing Operations team.
What Does the Closing Operations Team Do?
- The Document Specialist finishes preparing the transaction and sends the transaction to the Quality Control Specialist.
- Quality Control verifies that the transaction is set up according to the Lender's standard operating procedures. The Quality Control Specialist selects Send Transaction to send the transaction to the signer(s) listed on the file.
- After our Closing Operations team sends the transaction to the signer(s), the transaction status will update to Sent to Signer in Notarize with Proof. Both Lender and Title can check the transaction in Proof for status updates.
For Your Signers
© 2022-2023 Notarize, Inc. (dba Proof.com) All Rights Reserved.